There are almost as many cell phone subscribers ( 6.8 billion) as there are people (Over 7 billion) on the planet, reports qz.com on 25th February, 2014. I will not be surprised if cell phone subscribers equals or outnumbers the world’s population now.
According to statistics, 86 out of every 100 people use a cell phone worldwide.
Telephone, Mobile phone, Cell phone, Phone among other names is given to this popular technology. The cell phone is the most used technology ever alongside the internet.
It has evolved from the black and white screen to the smart phone. It comes with its own benefits and side effects. The cell phone is now part of human life, a real necessity of life. Think of it as luxury, and you are seen outmoded.
From making the world a global village to enchancing transactions, saving life and time, bridging gaps especially between love birds apart and relations, the use of cell phones is very beneficial.
The other side which wows almost everyone though we all fall prey at times, is how it is used to deceive. Do you recall that guy or lady beside you in the vehichle or somewhere, on a phone call to whoever and confidently lied about the current location?
The million dollar question is, is it a telephone or teliephone?
As you ponder on the question, these are 10 facts about the mobile phone which might surprise you:
1. Our current mobile phones have more computing power than the computers used on the Apollo 11 moon landing.
2. Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
3. Mobile phone radiations can cause insomnia, headache and confusion.
4. Scientists have developed a way of charging mobile phones using urine.
5.The first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Martin Cooper, a former Motorola inventor.
6. Nomophobia is the fear of loosing your mobile phone or being without a signal.
7. Over 250 million Nokia 1100 devices were sold, making it the bestselling electrical gadget in history.
8. More people in the world have mobile phones than toilets.
9. Mobile phone throwing is an official sport in Finland.
10. An average person unlocks his or her mobile device 110 times a day.