Dancehall sensation, Shatta Wale who now calls himself the ‘Champion’ has once again proven that he is not a local champion by winning the International Raggae and World Music Awards – IRAWMA.
Shatta Wale claimed the IRAWMA for best BEST AFRICAN SONG/ENTERTAINER ahead of other African heavyweights like Wizkid, Flavor, Koffi Olomide and Maitre Gims.
The 35th International Reggae and World Music Awards was held at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts in Fort Lauderdale / Coral Springs, Florida on October 2, 2016.
The International Reggae & World Music Awards (IRAWMA), established in 1982 acknowledges and honors the accomplishments and contributions of reggae and world music artists, including: songwriters, performers, promoters and musicians.
Best African Song/Entertainer
- “selfie”-Koffi Olomide-Congo
- “Final( Baba Nia)- Wizkid- Nigeria
- “Chop Kiss” Shatta Wale – Ghana —– WINNER
- “Sape Comme Jamais” Maitre Gims – Congo
- “Ololufa” -Flavor, featuring Chidinma-Nigeria