The Musician’s Union of Ghana has released what they believe to be the top 20 most played songs in Ghana in the just ended year of 2017.
The list was outdoored by President Bice Osei Kuffour (Obour) at a presser held in Accra yesterday, January 12th. According to Obour, the list is based on data collated by the Union throughout the whole of last year, and the project is part of efforts to make the Ghana music industry more data driven and empirical, so the contributions musicians are making to society can be catalogued. I guess this cold be one of the researches MUSIGA was talking about.
Ebony who has done so well unsuprisingly topped the list of most played songs in Ghana last year, with ‘Sponsor’. Wutah’s ‘Bronya’ finishes second, followed by ‘Odo’ by Kidi.
Check out the full list of 20 Most Played Songs in Ghana below
1. Ebony – Sponsor
2. Wutah – Bronya
3. Kidi – Odo
4. Magnom – My Baby feat. Joey B
5. Kuami Eugene – Angela
6. Shatta Wale – Taking Over
7. King Promise – Oh Yeah
8. Patapaa – One Corner
9. Fancy Gadam- Total Cheat ft Sarkodie
10. Samini – My Own
11. Stonebwoy – My Name
12. Kidi – Say You Love Me
13. Captain Planet – Obi Agyi Obi Girl ft Kofi Kinaata
14. Shatta Wale – Ayoo
15. Kurl Songx – Jennifer Lomotey -ft Sarkodie
16. Stonebwoy – Come From Far
17. Sarkodie – Pain Killer ft Runtown
18. Becca – Na Wash ft Patoranking
19. MzVee – My Name
20. Shatta Wale – Forgetii ft Millitants & Pope Skinny