The key suspect in the Begoro sekz tape scandal in the Eastern Region, Yaw Offei has vehemently denied recording and distributing the leaked tapes.
The 53-year-old limping photographer was arrested by the Manhyia Divisional Police Command in Kumasi on Monday when some vigilant members of the public spotted him and alerted the police.
Three others were earlier picked up by the police to assist in investigations after videos involving Offei’s alleged seksual encounters with 64 women had leaked. Speaking to the media prior to his detention, Mr. Offei denied deliberately recording his seksual escapades.
He blamed one of his former apprentice for the recording and distributing the tapes.
According to him, the said apprentice sent him a text message on August 18, 2014 threatening to reveal his escapades to the public if he does not pay her off.
“I quickly sent her GHC 600. I had to run away from Begoro because of the stigma,”
Mr. Offei said explained.
He indicated that he had slept with the various women in his photography studio because he is a married man.
But Mr. Offei claimed that unknowingly, the said apprentice had been filming all his activities and
“she put some of the video recordings under my door and this really scared me.”
At the moment, Mr. Offei is in Police custody as preparations are underway to transfer him to the Begoro District Police Command.